Renaissance Unity participates in an annual campaign to collect food, household goods (cleaning supplies/personal hygiene products/diapers) and monetary donations for the Heights Emergency Food Center, which is a non-profit corporation staffed by volunteers to provide for people in emergency situations. Committed to Judeo-Christian principles, the center respects social and cultural diversity and upholds the worth and dignity of those it serves.
Our campaign dates this year are Sunday, November 18 through Sunday, December 16. Please continue reading to see how you can contribute:
- Checks are most appreciated since the HEFC purchases at discounted prices and can make their dollars go further.
- For those who want to make food and other donations, below is a list of items needed: (Nothing perishable please)
* Hot or cold cereal * Canned Tuna fish
* Rice * Macaroni and cheese
* Dried beans (pinto, etc.) * Cornbread/muffin mixes
* Pork and beans * Milk (powdered/canned)
* Spaghetti sauce * Tomato sauce
* Noodles or pasta * Sugar
* Soup * Cake mixes
* Potatoes (dried/canned) * Crackers
* Peanut Butter * Bar soap
* Jelly * Cleaning supplies
* Canned vegetables
* Canned fruits or juices
Note that brown paper bags with handles from stores like Miles Market, Whole Foods, etc. are especially useful.
Bountiful blessings to you all and to ALL the angels in the congregation who contribute year after year to the health and wellness of those in need in our community! ~ Gay Quereau
For more information, email Gay Quereau (a member of Renaissance Unity and a Board Member of HEFC) at firstname.lastname@example.org.